Smiles, joy, and peace. This is what you can look forward to during a visit to Taylor Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos — that and amazing views! By now, it's hardly a secret that Turks & Caicos, with its multiple islands and cays, is known for its beautiful beaches. Taylor Bay Beach, located in Providenciales (also known as Provo), is certainly one of the best!
Known and loved for its pristine turquoise waters, soft, powdery white sand, and scenic outlook, plenty of excitement awaits if you decide to spend the day at Taylor Bay Beach. The serenity of this secluded beach is one of the things visitors find most alluring, as this really provides the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of life. If you plan on visiting Taylor Bay Beach during a vacation in Turks & Caicos, here’s what you need to know:
The secluded and picturesque Taylor Bay Beach is on the southwestern coast of Providenciales, the main island of the Turks & Caicos Islands. This beach is on the small side when compared to more popular beach options in the region, like the famous Grace Bay Beach. Taylor Bay Beach is about 2000 feet (600 meters) long. What it lacks in length, it makes up for in scenery - the sight of which can really stick in your mind. You can access Taylor Bay Beach by car or by boat. From there, you can also make your way to other beaches in Turks & Caicos like Grace Bay and Sapodilla Bay Beach.
Taylor Bay Beach is sheltered by the small Ocean Point Peninsula, providing respite from the regular southeast trade winds. As a result of this and other factors, the water here tends to be quite calm. Families with small children will love this beach as the water is also quite shallow and clear. Taylor Bay Beach can be ideal for beach lovers who want to get away from some of the more crowded areas to find some peace and quiet instead.
Looking for a family-friendly all-inclusive resort close to Taylor Bay Beach? Beaches Turks & Caicos is only about 20 minutes away and is located on an equally beautiful stretch of shoreline, Grace Bay. Prepare to sip, snack, and snorkel with the whole family on one of the best beaches in the world!
There are lots of exciting things to do at Taylor Bay Beach. Aside from swimming and soaking up some sun, you can have your pick of beachy activities to pass the time. The great thing about this beach is that you can do a little or a lot and still have a fantastic time!
Discover the captivating world beneath the turquoise waters at Taylor Bay Beach with an exhilarating snorkeling adventure. Grab your gear and immerse yourself in an underwater paradise teeming with an array of marine life. From vibrant tropical fish to sun-bleached seashells, the snorkeling experience at Taylor Bay Beach can be nothing short of breathtaking. Explore the crystal-clear waters and let the awe-inspiring beauty of the underwater realm leave you mesmerized.
While Taylor Bay Beach is renowned for its pristine sands and tranquil ambiance, it is also home to a fascinating array of wildlife. Take a stroll along the shoreline and keep an eye out for tropical birds soaring above or nesting in the lush vegetation nearby. You may even spot some rock iguanas basking in the sun or scurrying across the sand dunes. Taylor Bay Beach provides an incredible opportunity to encounter the diverse wildlife that thrives in this idyllic coastal habitat.
Indulge in the ultimate romantic experience as the sun begins its descent over Taylor Bay Beach. As the sky ignites with vibrant hues of orange and pink, the tranquil setting becomes the backdrop for an enchanting sunset. Walk hand in hand with your loved one (or the entire family!) along the shoreline, as the gentle waves serenade you. Unwind on the soft sands, savoring the picturesque views and creating cherished memories amidst the romantic ambiance of Taylor Bay Beach at twilight.
Elevate your beach getaway by delighting in a beachside picnic at Taylor Bay Beach. Pack a delectable assortment of your favorite treats and find the perfect spot on the powdery sands. Bask in the natural beauty surrounding you, as the azure waters and swaying palm trees provide a picturesque backdrop for an unforgettable picnic experience.
Good to know: There aren’t any steep drop-offs that parents need to worry about on Taylor Bay Beach. While you’ll still need to supervise your kids at all times, you can let them play in knee-high waters with a lot less anxiety knowing this!
There are various ways to get to Taylor Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos. While any of the options below can get you there, you should consider how much travel time you have at your disposal and how convenient you want the trip to be:
• By Car: Getting to Taylor Bay Beach by car is the most convenient option. This not only grants you the flexibility to access the beach on your own time but to explore surrounding areas as well. There are numerous rental companies in Turks & Caicos and you can make arrangements to rent a vehicle ahead of your vacation. It takes about 20 minutes to get from Beaches Turks & Caicos to Taylor Bay Beach. To do this, you can take Leeward Highway to Discovery Bay Road. From there, turn right onto Chalk Sound Drive, and continue until you reach Taylor Bay.
• By Taxi: Finding a taxi in Turks & Caicos is fairly simple. The easiest way to do this is by making arrangements at least a few hours in advance. A taxi will be able to take you from your resort to Taylor Bay Beach and back.
• By Bicycle: You can rent bicycles from several locations in Turks & Caicos during your vacation. Use them to take a leisurely ride to Taylor Bay Beach from your resort. Map out the best route before you go, and keep in mind that the duration of your ride to the beach can depend on your fitness level and the route you take.
• By Boat: Taking a boat to Taylor Bay Beach is another great option. Doing this can feel like an even bigger adventure as there’s so much to see along the way. Options for taking a boat to Taylor Bay Beach include hiring a boat charter or signing up for a tour. There are several water sports/touring companies that go to Taylor Bay Beach, so this won’t be hard to set up.
Expert tip: Interested in finding out about Turks & Caicos' history? You can start with a visit to the Grand Turk Lighthouse. You can also scan our list of the best of Turks & Caicos for kids for fun and engaging tours and activities for the whole family.
Taylor Bay Beach is a public beach, with free access up to the high tide point. Access by the public to the beach via the ocean is not restricted in any way. Beach access issues have arisen at Taylor Bay Beach in the past because the land-based route many people take to the beach crosses potentially private land. This led to landowners placing gates at certain access points. Thankfully, the entrance to Taylor Bay Beach is no longer gated, and the Turks & Caicos government is working on resolving any future beach access issues that might arise.
An alternative land route to Taylor Bay Beach can be found near the entrance to the Silly Creek neighborhood on its western end. However, it’s important to note that this path is not an established access point.
Good to know: When the tide is very low, look out for the intricate patterns that you can sometimes see on patches of sand at Taylor Beach as the water draws back and larger areas are exposed.
When heading to Taylor Bay Beach or any other beach in Turks & Caicos, there are a few things you won’t want to leave behind. We’ve listed some of the most important ones below:
• Water - Bring plenty of water with you when heading to beaches in The Turks & Caicos Islands, especially the ones that are more secluded. The more remote a beach is, the less likely it is that you’ll be able to find shops or bars nearby to purchase snacks or drinks.
• Sunscreen - The sun can be pretty intense during certain hours of the day in this destination. As such, when spending time on the beaches or around pools, you'll want to ensure you've got sunblock/sunscreen on deck.
• Insect repellent - Keep bug bites at bay by packing some insect repellant for your beach day. This is a useful item to have on hand when spending time outdoors while on the islands.
• Towels - If you plan on getting into the ocean, you’ll want to ensure that you pack towels for yourself and for your kids as well if they will be coming along.
• Change of clothes - When heading to the beach, particularly with kids, extra clothing can come in handy should things get messy or anything else comes up - as it often does with kids in tow.
• Beach hat - Whether you go for a straw hat, vizor, or any other type of sun hat, this is one item that you’re going to want to have on hand. Throw in some sunglasses as well for ultimate beach day comfort.
• Beach bag - With all the things you’ll be bringing along, you’ll want to have a big ol’ beach bag to put everything in. Get one that suits your style as even something this simple can uplift your spirits on the beach.
Expert tip: When you’re done lounging around on the beach, you might want to make a couple of stops to try to find some gifts or souvenirs for friends or family. Here are some great options for unique Turks & Caicos souvenirs and a list of the best places to go shopping in Turks & Caicos.
Aside from its beauty, Taylor Bay Beach has some pretty interesting history that might compel you to want to visit even more. The late American TV personality Dick Clark, who hosted the popular American Bandstand series and the New Year’s Eve celebration at Times Square in New York City, once owned a vacation home at Taylor Bay. This glorious villa stood on the western end of the beach. While the beach house is no longer there, some of the coconut palms in the area are said to have been part of the landscaping of Dick Clark’s tropical escape.
The beaches of Turks & Caicos stand out for their piercing turquoise waters which are an incredible sight to see. While some may be tempted to merely admire this natural wonder, others really want to know what it is that makes this water so… well, blue. There are a few reasons for this, including the fact that the water in this territory is largely unpolluted. This is one of the things that influences the hue of the water. Furthermore, the location of these islands in general, and the way the sunlight reflects on the shallow coastal shelf play a role in the water’s coloring. Additionally, the whiteness of the sand in this region causes it to reflect more sunlight, making the surrounding water appear mesmerizingly blue as a result. Who knew?
The reviews are in. White sand beaches with fabulously clear waters are at the top of the list of amazing things Turks & Caicos is known for. In this regard, the beauty and serenity of Taylor Bay Beach are two of the things you’ll want to take in during a Turks & Caicos vacation. This beach is considered by many to be one of the hidden gems of this territory, offering a wonderful beach experience minus the crowds. Once you visit for yourself, you’ll see firsthand why Taylor Bay Beach is such a well-loved beach location for most who choose to visit.
Before planning a visit to Taylor Bay Beach, you’ll probably need to get other vacation details in order first (if you haven’t already!). This can start with accommodation — all-inclusive is a great option in this territory if you’ll be traveling with family. Beaches Resorts offers a range of inclusions within their vacation packages such as luxury accommodation, multiple world-class restaurants, day and night entertainment, land and water sports, kids camps, a water park, and even professional nannies. This is one resort where parents and kids can get their fill of excitement, with just as much downtime as you need too!
Expert tip: Getting your Turks & Caicos vacation itinerary all set? You can include some of these fun things to do in Turks & Caicos during your vacation. If you’re planning on going to this destination with children, you might also want to take a look at our favorite Turks & Caicos excursions.