For an exotic ambiance, set up Tiki torches in the backyard or on the patio. If you’re inside, be sure to light some candles (preferably with an island scent such as Blue Mountain coffee, Coconut, or Ocean Breeze) and purchase a tropical flower or bouquet to use as a table centerpiece. And, enjoy your Caribbean fare in true island style by playing Caribbean music!
If you’re a Sandals Select Vacationist, then you’re most likely already equipped with the Lifestyle sauces needed for this spicy recipe:
(Makes 16 Shrimp)
16 jumbo shrimp (thawed if frozen), peeled and deveined
16 slices bacon?16 flavorless wooden toothpicks
2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup Sandals Lifestyle Back A Yard Jerk BBQ Sauce®
1 ½ tablespoon Sandals Lifestyle A Catch of Fire Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce®
1 teaspoon cracked white peppercorns
1. To butterfly the shrimp, make a deep slit along the back of each, but not all the way through. Rinse the shrimp; pat dry.
2. Wrap each shrimp in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
3. In a medium stockpot or saucepan, heat the oil over high heat to 350°F; when hot, carefully add the shrimp a few at a time.
4. Deep-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the oil and place on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
6. In a skillet, combine the Sandals Lifestyle Back A Yard Jerk BBQ Sauce®, Sandals Lifestyle A Catch of Fire Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce® and add peppercorns.
7. Add the precooked shrimp to the sauce and serve.