Not only do we pride ourselves on treating our Sandals Select loyalty members and repeat guests with exclusive service and special perks like no other luxury resort, we are also your go-to source for daily happenings in and around the Caribbean. Don’t believe us? Just check out sandalslifestyle.com - the online magazine especially for our Sandals Select members and Sandals & Beaches aficionados. We scour the islands to bring you the inside scoop on everything from celebrity sightings and the best Caribbean cuisine, to event happenings, trend–spotting, and romantic escapades. From exclusive offers and resort updates, follow us to stay in touch and get the inside scoop on ‘life…Sandals style.’
This week, find out what Vacationistas often pack in their bags for a day on the beach. No one knows better than our Sandals Select members, and they’ve given us the essential tips.
1. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Do we need to say it again. Listen, we don’t want to stop you from getting that gorgeous sun-kissed look, but ease into it. Even with SPF, a few days in the sun will still do the trick, and you don’t have to worry about serious sun damage from an aggressive burn.
2. A bottle of water is a must. Salt from the sea combined with sun make a serious dehydration combo. Be sure to drink lots of water to stay cool and hydrated.
3. Sunglasses: Shades are the perfect beach fashion statement, but they also play an important function in protecting your eyes from over exposure to UV rays. For ultimate protection, get wrap around glasses with polarized lenses.
4. Lip Balm: Just like sunblock, lip balm with SPF can protect your lips from the rays of the sun, minimizing cracked lips and cold sores.
5. Sarong: Hey, you can fold a wet towel around you if you want, but a light and elegant wrap-around is the ideal beach accessory for ladies who want to make a statement or just feel exotic.
6. Book/Kindle/Ipad/Magazine/Sudoku…you get the picture. Choose your favorite pastime, and entertain yourself for the day.