Taking the Kids to Beaches Ocho Rios
July 02, 2013 - Beaches Resorts - Watersports
With a Sesame Street® Character Parade, adventure-filled waterpark and exciting excursions abound, Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club is earning its reputation as Jamaica’s ultimate destination for family fun. Recently, journalist Gina Guerra Burgos from Taking the Kids, a leading family travel website, brought her husband and four-year-old daughter along for a family vacation they will remember for years to come.
They experienced three action-packed days full of fun entertainment, great eats and priceless bonding time. You can read Gina’s full recap online at Taking the Kids and check out the below for her vacation highlights:
- Sesame Street® Character Parade: “When we arrived at Beaches Ochos Rios, the welcome staff immediately swept Jude up to get ready for the carnival parade with the Sesame Street characters. She was given a glittery crown and had her face painted right off the van. She instantly forgot about the long day of travel and was immersed in the fun and activities. There were people in grand vegas-style costumes, a full marching band with dancers, stilt walkers and every Sesame Street character you could think of: Elmo, Abbey, Zoe, Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Cookie Monster, The Count, Super Grover and Big Bird! Once you see these Sesame Street characters dance here in Jamaica I’m sure you’ll agree that the personality and the dance moves were bar none the best and most entertaining I’ve ever seen!”
- Sesame Street® Character Breakfast: “As adults, there is a certain kind of magic that happens when you see the characters you’ve grown up with and you realize you’re never too old for this kind of fun. There were plenty of photo ops and time for your kids to have a dance party with their favorite characters. If you are traveling with small children this upgrade is certainly a must have. We enjoyed a full American breakfast with everything your kids could want – pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels and even peanut butter.”
- BBQ Park – “Lunch at BBQ Park one of the resort’s five dining areas overlooking the gorgeous Jamaican ocean and endless skies. The menu is perfect for everyone with brick oven pizzas, lots of burgers, grilled cheese and some local jerk dishes on the menu it’s a popular lunch spot.”
- Chocolate Buffet – “No need to talk about the delicious dinner we had at the The Venetian. More important was the CHOCOLATE BUFFET! With a chocolate fountain and Baileys for my coffee, how could this day have gotten any better? We relaxed under the stars listening to Jamaican songbird Karen Smith. There is something so timeless about listening to beautiful live music that even Jude sat captive listening to the ballads and dancing to the island rhythms.”
- The staff- “The warmth and overextended hospitality of the entire staff made our three day trip seem like a week’s long vacation. We look forward to returning again soon to enjoy all that beauty Jamaica has to offer. Same as when we left our last trip, Jude said, ‘Mommy, I don’t want to leave Jamaica.’ And again we assured her we would be back soon.”
If Gina has inspired you to “take the kids” along for a family vacation of a lifetime in Jamaica, visit Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club on the web and start planning your getaway today!